Help Desk ManagerPompano Beach | Posted: 2021-05-26
Manages the process and outcomes for first, second, and third level support for products and applications in addition to defining key performance indicators and managing incident escalation. Optimizes team scheduling and efforts to reach company performance targets for our SLA and CSAT targets.
Basic job duties include but are not limited to:
- General Management of Helpdesk Staff
- Manages recurring and escalated problems
- Maximizes troubleshooting efforts to identify and rectify problems
- Maintains efforts to analyze and prioritize incoming requests and alerts, prioritizing issues by severity and response targets
- Promotes and ensures compliance in the use of a knowledge repository (Help Center) for technical support
- Organization of the service delivery process and outcomes for first, second, and third level support for products and applications by taking accountability for resolution of systems' issues
- Analysis of incident data and trends to help prioritize efforts to improve system availability and performance
- Serves as HelpDesk Administrator of our ZenDesk Ticketing System, relaying tickets to appropriate teams as required.
- Upholds performance targets for direct reports, and SLA + CSAT targets for the team
- Holds responsibility for productivity and quality of technical support / services delivered
- Push implementation of new processes and technology to continuously improve the quality of support offered
- Collaborate on the development of new support offerings. Including creation of support programs in conjunction with other departments
Additional job duties include:
- Assist in-house RMA technicians with troubleshooting / diagnosing issues with returned product, providing centralized download location for firmware repositories
- Communicate with build team to ensure latest firmware is being loaded to hardware prior to leaving the warehouse for shipment reducing the need for post sales calls pertaining to firmware upgrades
Education / Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field with (2) years of experience
- Equivalent Work History and Experience in absence of a formal Degree with (4) years of experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities
- Flexible, team player, get-it-done personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems with a variety of concrete variables in situations where one limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Flexibility: priorities change very quickly in this position.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing situations